TO ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS
At the Board of Directors meeting, August 13, 2015, The Board of Directors
approved a motion to RESTRICT PARKING IN THE PISTOL BAYS
DURING SCHEDULED MATCH TIMES TO REDUCE THE CONGESTION
IN AND AROUND THE BAY AREA.
If you are not busy on Saturday morning September 26, come out for a SHOOTER SAFETY EDUCATION AND CLEANUP DAY at the Docie Pit Mine Road,
10 miles west of downtown Prescott on Iron Springs Road. 7am - 12pm.
We have been asked to help hand out trash bags, safety brochures etc. by the Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association in which our club is a member.
Attending Partners: Prescott National Forest Staff
Yavapai Sheriffs Department
Arizona State Game and Fish Department
Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association
Please let me know if you can help.
John Eastman 928-308-5594 or email@example.com
Go to www.asrpa.com/ and click on the bottom tab at the left “cleanup” for more information.
VFW Post gun Raffle
VFW Post 10227 in Prescott Valley is raffling off an AR15 rifle. Tickets are $10.00 each. Only 300 tickets will be sold.
The raffle will be held as soon as the tickets are sold.
If you are interested in purchasing a ticket or two or three, please call Commander Bill Dunn or Quartermaster Bill Halpin at 928-759-0095 or drop by the Post located at 2375 N. 5th Street Prescott Valley.
The Post is on the road to Fain Park and is behind the Moose Lodge. Proceeds of the raffle are to go to the Post General Fund.
Thank you for your support. Jan Schmaling
OBAMA OFFICIALS HEADING TO MEXICO TO DISCUSS INTERNATIONAL GUN CONTROL VIA UN TREATY
On August 24 officials from the Obama administration will be attending the UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) conference in Mexico City.
The ATT was signed by Secretary of State John Kerry on September 25, 2013 but never ratified by the US Senate. Nevertheless, Gun Owners of America reports that Obama officials will be in Mexico City for the conference.
Breitbart News previously reported that the ATT is an international gun control treaty designed to be implemented apart from, or in spite of, the general framework of governance for countries that are signatories to it.
Thus, while it will not do away with the Second Amendment on paper, it will subjugate the Second Amendment to the ATT’s gun controls if Obama administration officials return and implement the plans they will discuss in Mexico City.
ATT was pushed under the guise of stopping “small arms [and] light weapons” from crossing borders. And when it was being discussed in 2013, Breitbart News warned that firearm registration must proceed from the ATT if it is to be enforceable. After all, how can agents tasked with enforcing this treaty ascertain the origin of smuggled weapons without a comprehensive registration on file?
Moreover, the NRA pointed out that the treaty all but calls for a registry from the start inasmuch as it requires “importing countries to provide information to an exporting country regarding arms transfers, including ‘end use or end user documentation’ for a ‘minimum of ten years.’” This information on “end users” is not only a de-facto international gun registry but one that could be “made available to foreign governments.”
Because of all these troubling aspects of ATT, Gun Owners of America (GOA) warns that the Mexico City conference is part of a plan “to bring back the framework for a global gun control regime.” GOA encourages every gun owner to call his or her US Senator and ask that they stand strong against any international gun control recommendations or regulations that the Obama administration pushes after the August 24 ATT conference.
We must be diligent, especially because Democrat Senators have already shown their willingness to subjugate the Second Amendment to the ATT. Forty-four Democrat Senators voted for the ATT in April 2013.
• A new mailbox with a sign-in book has been installed at the rifle and pistol practice bays, next to the range flag. Please use this sign-in book and range flag when using these bays.
• All members may use practice bays at any time. You may also use these areas on match days during regularly scheduled matches. Please, as always sign in and obey all range rules.
• Please check the club calendar for range maintenance or events that require the practice area to be closed.
• There is no restriction on the time of day you may use the range.
• The speed limit on the dirt road to our facility is 15 MPH. It's one lane in and out.
• No incendiary, tracer or explosive ammunition allowed at any time.
• Be sure to lock the gate after passing through on non-event days to make sure the range is secure even if you or someone else is there.
• ATV's are not allowed on the range without the express permission from the Range Master.
• PractiScore electronic scoring tutorial video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYQAEDfdndw
• Range Safety is Everyone's Job. See the video here
• There is no parking in the bays during regularly scheduled matches unless physically challenged.