If you are not busy on Saturday morning September 26, come out for a SHOOTER SAFETY EDUCATION AND CLEANUP DAY at the Docie Pit Mine Road,
10 miles west of downtown Prescott on Iron Springs Road. 7am - 12pm.
We have been asked to help hand out trash bags, safety brochures etc. by the Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association in which our club is a member.
Attending Partners: Prescott National Forest Staff
Yavapai Sheriffs Department
Arizona State Game and Fish Department
Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association
Please let me know if you can help.
John Eastman 928-308-5594 or email@example.com
Go to www.asrpa.com/ and click on the bottom tab at the left “cleanup” for more information.
VFW Post gun Raffle
VFW Post 10227 in Prescott Valley is raffling off an AR15 rifle. Tickets are $10.00 each. Only 300 tickets will be sold.
The raffle will be held as soon as the tickets are sold.
If you are interested in purchasing a ticket or two or three, please call Commander Bill Dunn or Quartermaster Bill Halpin at 928-759-0095 or drop by the Post located at 2375 N. 5th Street Prescott Valley.
The Post is on the road to Fain Park and is behind the Moose Lodge. Proceeds of the raffle are to go to the Post General Fund.
Thank you for your support. Jan Schmaling
SHOCK: AS AMERICANS BOUGHT 170 MILLION GUNS,
VIOLENT CRIME FELL 51%
On August 28, the NRA presented ATF and FBI data showing Americans have purchased “170 million new guns” since 1991, and violent crime has fallen “51 percent"
The NRA tweeted, “Since ’91, Americans have acquired over 170 million new firearms and violent crimes have declined by 51%.”
This information squares with the findings of a Congressional Research Service (CRS) study covering the slightly shorter period of time from 1994 to 2009. For those years, CRS found that Americans purchased approximately 118 million firearms, and the 1993 “firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide” rate of 6.6 per 100,000 fell to 3.6 per 100,000 by the year 2000. It eventually fell all the way to 3.2 per 100,000 in 2011.
That is more than a 50 percent reduction in “firearm-related murder and non-negligent homicide.”
Then, in 2009—the year the CRS study ended—Obama took office and gun sales began their climb to record levels, which made covering the gap between the 118 million guns that had been purchased by 2009 and the “170 million new guns” that Americans would own by 2015 an easy gap to bridge.
Breitbart News previously reported that there were 21,093,273 background checks for firearms in 2013 alone. And each of those checks were on buyers who could have legally purchased multiple firearms.
The overarching message is simple—more guns, less crime. Americans have purchased “170 million new guns” since 1991, and violent crime has decreased as gun ownership has increased.
Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A new mailbox with a sign-in book has been installed at the rifle and pistol practice bays, next to the range flag. Please use this sign-in book and range flag when using these bays.
• All members may use practice bays at any time. You may also use these areas on match days during regularly scheduled matches. Please, as always sign in and obey all range rules.
• Please check the club calendar for range maintenance or events that require the practice area to be closed.
• There is no restriction on the time of day you may use the range.
• The speed limit on the dirt road to our facility is 15 MPH. It's one lane in and out.
• No incendiary, tracer or explosive ammunition allowed at any time.
• Be sure to lock the gate after passing through on non-event days to make sure the range is secure even if you or someone else is there.
• ATV's are not allowed on the range without the express permission from the Range Master.
• PractiScore electronic scoring tutorial video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYQAEDfdndw
• Range Safety is Everyone's Job. See the video here
• There is no parking in the bays during regularly scheduled matches unless physically challenged.
Check the Match Scores Pages for more Information on the Matches
Also check the Match Directors recorded phone message at 928-778-0155 for the latest updates
If you would like to be on our email list just send us a message. Better yet, join the club.
If you have any changes or see any mistrakes, please contact me via the Webmaster link below